**ISSUE 9 – November/December**
THE HUMAN SUBJECT
Interpret our theme as you will! Your piece doesn’t have to be strictly creative, but opinions and features are recommended to be about something loosely creative (e.g. TV/fashion). This isn’t a requirement however. This theme is also incorporating pieces based on Warwick SU’s #WeGetConsent campaign. If you want to write something about harassment/rape culture/bystander mentality/consent in general/pieces concerned with sex etc. then your work will be guaranteed a place in the print issue.
Other prompts include:
- Written/visual work on loved ones
- Recent abuse claims in both Hollywood and politics
- What it means to be human (either the messy or the good side, or both)
- Our submissions email is email@example.com and is open all year round for you to send us stuff!
- We accept everything, from photography to creative writing, features and comments to cartoons and art work. Anything that fits into the theme of lifestyle (food, fashion, general life stuff)/music/art/books/TV/Film, we want to hear about!
- If there’s something that you’re dying to write about then let us know. Occasionally we will let you know about a theme we will be asking submissions for, and this page will be updated accordingly. Themes are usually for our upcoming print issues.
- There is no word limit for poetry/recipes/small-form articles. However, if you wish to submit a prose or journalistic piece, then please do not exceed 800-1000. Neither does it have to be this long. It is just a warning in case we have to cut down on some of your lovely work!
- For the latest updates on when we will be asking for submissions for our next print issue, or for a more informal chat, be sure to like our Facebook page where we are the most active.
If you want to participate, don’t forget to join as a society member by following this link and buying our (FREE) membership!
[We will formalise this in the upcoming year, 2017/2018, so for Term 3, don’t worry about doing this!]